Removing Blogger Newer Post, Home, And Older Post

Bloggers / Blogspot users are always seeking ways to customize their blog to express their personality more. Common template usage are to be avoided by advanced users, so are its common features, such as the links "newer posts, home, and older post". Removing them will make Blogger / Blogspot websites appear more uniquely customized.

Recently, I had removed these Blogger / Blogspot default links, which are usually located in the bottom section of all the pages, below comments. My only reason to remove them was because they “feels” too Blogger / Blogspot for me.

These three links does not always appear together, you know. They depend on which post you are currently viewing. If you are reading the newest post, of course you will not see any "newer post" link, since there is no newer one. The link "older post" works vice verse. The home link is likely to be similar in some cases, when you are currently visiting the "home" page, you definitely do not need the link "home", right? Blogger/ Blogspot programmers are not that dumb you know :D

In the middle of the process, an idea to keep the home link intact flashed inside my head. However, still I deleted it, since I did not have any home page yet, actually. The home page was only my latest post.

The removal technique itself requires a little bit of knowledge in HTML and CSS programming, since you will need to edit your template. However, this is very easy, so you don't need to worry even if you are a newbie.

To do it, access your template editing from layout section, then find these codes in "comments" region, which represent the setting of displaying the links of "newer post, home, and older post":

/* Comments
----------------------------------------------- */
#…
#…
#…

#blog-pager-newer-link {
float: $startSide;
}

#blog-pager-older-link {
float: $endSide;
}

#blog-pager {
text-align: center;
}

In case you are not familiar with the template codes yet, "find" tool of your browser can help you handsomely, I often use Firefox' myself. Once you find the codes, you need to add some other codes not to display them, and here they are:

#...
display: none;
}

The next step, you will have to add the removal codes to each of them. It's very simple my friend, just like this:

/* Comments
----------------------------------------------- */
#…
#…
#…

#blog-pager-newer-link {
float: $startSide;
display: none;
}

#blog-pager-older-link {
float: $endSide;
display: none;
}

#blog-pager {
text-align: center;
display: none;
}

Now, save the template, and it’s done! If you put the codes right, they should not be displayed any longer. To check, refresh your blog and pay some attention to the appearance. Now your blog shall taste less "Blogspot" :D

Note: To recover / show the links again, simply remove the added codes (removal codes).

Do you face any difficulties in applying the trick above? Feel free to share it on the comments section.

15 comments:

Mr_Ilham said...

thank you for that information.i need that. btw if you want to see my proof payment.Come to my web

Christopher Trottier said...

Hi Isaac. I rather talk about these things through aim: yehudahtrottier. If you want your article dugg, you can either do it yourself, get someone to do it for you, or wait for a random digger to find it. If you get someone to submit it, make sure they read the article first, and make sure they like it.

RidnMoney said...

Thanks for your post. i already do it in my blog.
By the way, my blog is "U Comment I Follow" too.
Nice to meet you, Regards,
www.ridnmoney.com

Dan @ J Squad said...

Thank you very much for this information, very very helpful

Tnomeralc Web Design Toys said...

At last, I found a simple hack, its a little bit annoying to see this stuff on every blogpost we made.

Tnomeralc Web Design Toys said...

This is a really neat and cool tweak. Hope you also have some adsense placement trick in your blog. Thanks for this one.

Ron

flowerofheaven said...

thnx for this i do it succeed

Jules said...

thank you soooo much! it worked very well :) it's what i'd been looking for forever.

Scott W. Clark said...

I was wrestling with this problem all night and then Googled your fix. I'm just comfortable enough with CSS to cause some real damage, so I appreciate your simple solution.

Thanks so much from a newbie, working toward his Blogger Drone patch.

wrongSent said...

nice tips ;p

i want to know how to make a "home" (homepage) in blogger just like how you put "privacy policy" on the upper part of your blog page...

coz whenever i click one of my post i dont know how to return to my homepage because i dont have a "home" on the footer

thanks again!

Isaac Yassar said...

@wrongSent: About my "Policy" link, this Mynix template I use provide a link gadget in that spot. So I just need to add a link there from dashboard >> layout >> page elements. This is very subjective to each template though.

What you can do is adding a gadget of link and add a home link to your sidebar. Will be great if you use a nice image as the link.

Let me know if you need further assistance :)

Creative Media Technician/Media Tutor/Producer/DJ said...

I can't get this to work on my Blog. Any help would be grateful.
Thanks
Blog link below
http://diarmo.blogspot.com/

Isaac Yassar said...

Can you find all the 3 codes in your template?

alex said...

nice information man...thx

EvelynT.Qidi, 17thNovember. said...

Thanks alot! :D